Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of Pre-K

He was very excited leaving the house with his backpack and lunch. He went right in, put his bag in his locker, kissed me goodbye and sat at the playdough table. But as I was leaving he yells, "Mom, I don't want to go to school!" I left anyway but I heard the tears and him yelling for me. It was very hard. Matt called as I was leaving the school and was more anxious than me. So, again, it was very hard.

But I called soon after and the teacher was nice. She said he only cried for five minutes and then was totally fine. She said he is talking up a storm and doing great!



Of course Reed is ready to go. He wanted a lunch packed this morning too :) School gives us some time alone, which I am looking forward to. I am sure we will use this time well. But today we stuck close to home... just in case.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Good Job Cade !!! Big boy at school now....Hope you all enjoyed your first day of school...

Mom of 3 Boys said...

I asked Andrew if he met any new friends and the first kid he said was Cade so I think they are going to be good buddies :)

Hope he likes school more...I am sure he will!

Jemmmma said...

Good job Cade! You'll love school!

Katie said...

big day for cade-o
he'll be great once he gets into the flow

these r the days to remember
i was laughing at the pic of reed, all alone waiting for his bro to come home. it's nice you will have some one on one time with him

Mary S. said...

Wow, Cade you are a big boy now! Don't worry Mommy and Reed are just sitting home waiting for you to get back and definitly not doing anything fun:)
P.S. Erin did you cry on the way home? Did Matt???