Wednesday, August 22, 2007

1st Trip to the Dentist

Today was a big day for Cade. It was his first trip to the dentist. We have no issues but his pediatrician suggested at 3 years to see the dentist. So I started to prepare Cade and get him excited about leaving with a new toothbrush. He bought it and was acting goofy all the way there and in the waiting room.

Then, it wasn't so exciting and he wasn't acting goofy. It took him a few minutes just to sit in the chair and another few to look at the hygenist.
This was the closest any cleaning tool got to his mouth! He allowed her to put the mirror inside and count his teeth. He also liked getting water squirted in his mouth but that's it. He was tense the whole time and the hygenist didn't want to traumatize him, so he basically just got a tour of the office. We'll try again in six months.
Now, of course Reed was all set for a visit! He was yelling "my turn, my turn" the whole time. I wonder how he'll feel when he is three?!
After a few stops on the way home, we stopped by cousin Erin's house and played a little. Then Cade was lucky enough to have Erin come back and play at our house. They made cookies and got tattoos. At one point Cade was being fresh and I told him Erin would go home if he didn't behave (p.s. I hated when friend's mothers did this in front of me when I was young!). That was all Erin needed. The rest of her short time over she kept asking Cade (in her best motherly tone), "Do you want me to go home!?" It wasn't because she was afraid to go home. She thought she had some power. But hey, Cade stopped what he was doing every time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute post. I can imagine how scary the dentist must be for a three year old. Erin is very smart! I was laughing out loud.

Auntie Jeannie

Katie said...

those dentist pics are too funny!

cade not being the life of the party?!? i never have seen that side of him!!!

Anonymous said...

that's my girl! one peep and you are out!lol!
mary

Anonymous said...

Great entry all the way through.
Broke my heart that Cade looked so genuinely scared in the dentist pics, BUT I see that he recovered well w/out any long-term trauma.
I HATED when mothers made those very offensive threats too.
Erin is too cute and takes right after an older sister of mine. Hmmmm...

KJC

Anonymous said...

p.s.

I love Reed!!!!!

KJC xxoo

Anonymous said...

hahaa "just breaking in my sneakers"