It's been hard to get back into the swing of things and update this blog. I went so long without the laptop that I lost some of my ambition.
Cade had his first karate class this past weekend. He did okay. He is timid around strangers. Plus he only wanted to punch and kick (not learn how to count in Japanese). But he stayed the whole class and said he wants to go back next week. He did not want to buy the uniform though so we'll see. It will be an effort on our part I am sure but I'd like him to try it for a few more weeks and see if he develops a love for it.
Reed is still with binky and it bothers me every day. He is so attached and I can't take it away for two reasons. First, I was a thumbsucker for a MANY years and I understand the comfort it provides. And second, I can't stand the whining. A binky will stop crying and whining in an instant. Even suggesting getting rid of them sends him into a crying terror. He told me he would miss it :)
Pictures are to follow. Now I am having trouble uploading. I tried.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Miss you guys!
Would love to see Cade in his uniform!
Ask Reed to give his binkies to the babies in the hospital and make a trip there to deliver them...it's an idea??? However, he'll get over it, they all do.
♥ you guys!
I told Brooke we gave them to Reese and she was ok about it. It wasn't easy and she still has her moments but it is so worth it when it's gone. Just one less thing to worry about remembering.
I can't wait to see Cade's karate pics! When is he starting school? Is Mommy going to cry???
I know if Elaina still had her binky she would be doing the same thing to me. It was harder for me to give it up than her and if Rich did not chastise me everytime I suggested giving it back I probably would have at some point. Can you bribe him with something good? Probably not a good parenting move but I am clearly not an expert.
Christen
andrew had his binky till he was 3. then the binky fairy came. we packaged up the binkies and put them on the porch and a while later, the binkies were magically replaced with a toy.
we talked up the fairy for a few days before it happened.
now andrew, who just turned 4, asked if the pull up fairy is going to come since he poops in the potty now and doesnt need pull ups. haha
Post a Comment