Friday, September 14, 2007

Bowling

We went bowling tonight. The boys were very excited all day to go "balling" (as Cade thinks it called). I guess that makes sense. Well, they had much more fun at the arcade. In fact I bet we only bowled for about ten minutes. The whole trip, which they waited all day for, was about an hour. It was a bust really.

Reed insisted on overhand throwing the balls so we chased him around to try and stop him. He thought this was so funny and it only egged him on more. Cade was good but just kept rolling more and more balls down the lane. He didn't wait to see if it hit any pins and really he didn't care. I guess they are too young still. And Matt and I were naive to think we'd have a game ourselves. Oh well. We decided to instead try and eat out for dinner. We never do this. It was just after 7:30PM when we got to the restaurant and we didn't leave until almost 9PM!! The boys were so well behaved. I even got to have coffee and dessert! It was a fun night. It seems you have the most fun when you don't expect it.





Now the kids are chilling with Matt and listen to music. It's their "thing". Matt loves music, all kinds. And the boys share in that. They literally sit at the computer and just listen and watch as he surfs the web. They all pile on one chair and usually one or both of them will fall asleep. For many reasons this always make me smile. I hope they remember these things. And I hope they love us as much later as they do now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice family night. Love you guys!
Oh and the boys will love you forever too!

Kelli xxxoxo

Katie said...

oh my god bowling shoes on reed!
so cute.

i had a feeling it would go down that way if we had brought rex, and i fear that dinner would not have been so peaceful. glad i didn't take the chance.

but it looks like a fun filled family night. go team lyle!

Anonymous said...

Matty Loves the shoes!..Looks like fun!

Billy

Mary S. said...

we've attempted bowling too and had the same results. restaurants on the other hand, not as lucky as you. funny, how a cup of coffee and dessert can make a night a success!haha!

i think it should be called "balling". it makes sense! that is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun filled night out for the Lyle family. LOVE Matt's "balling" shoes! HAHAHA

Auntie Jeannie

Katie said...

well, matt is a BALLER so that makes plenty of sense